Mondo Donna Onlus
MondoDonna is a nonprofit reality characterized by the synergetic effort between MondoDonna Association and MondoDonna Cooperative.
The Association, was born in 1995 in Bologna and set the first mother-and-child residential center in the city. Historic mission of the Association is giving support to mothers with weak parental skills in need of a safe place where rising their children. In 2013 MondoDonna becomes Antiviolence Center, widening its services all around the metropolitan territory and in the district of Riccione through local help desks referring to CHIAMA chiAMA permanent project.
MondoDonna Cooperative was born in 2016 with the aim of increasing integration opportunities of people hosted in the Association’s reception centers, by standing next to them and supporting them and by offering customized job placement support and opportunities.
The Association expertise and the Cooperative tools enable MondoDonna’s reality to offer integrated interventions of legal and psychologic support, education and integration services and training opportunities through a unique multidisciplinary approach.
Today, MondoDonna is an excellency in providing services for:
- supporting women and fighting against gender-based violence
- hosting migrant women and families
- supporting people with vulnerabilities
MondoDonna’s teams are made by professionals: educators, anthropologists, psychologists, counsellors, lawyers, all coordinated by a highly skilled internal staff. Our goal is to overcome the subsidy mentality, by supporting people in their path towards autonomy, giving value to personal skills.
Our services at a glance:
HOSTING COMMUNITY CENTERS
We manage more than 50 residential centers in the territory.
- Mother-and-child residential care centers for pregnant and single mothers with children
- Secret Refuge Shelters for women victims of domestic violence
- Centers for women victims of human trafficking and sexual exploitation
- SIPROIMI (ex SPRAR) and CAS (Extraordinary Reception) Centers for asylum seekers and refugees (adults, unaccompanied minors, families and women)
- Transition houses for people exiting the hosting project and in need of a job-oriented socio-economic support
SOCIO-ECONOMIC AND JOB PLACEMENT INclusion and integration
We implement individual projects giving value to hard and soft skills of people hosted in residential centers
- Social Chic: Inclusive tailoring and dressmaking atelier for ethic fashion
- AltreTerre: a cooking project for redemption and independency
- Cleaning activities: Job placement in companies
home care education assistance
We organize home care services for minors living in disadvantaged families, for adults and the elders under difficult situations. Team Mobile project allows to activate specific professional figures depending on needs.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
We organize summer schools, conferences, seminars courses, and sensibilization initiatives.
SUPPORT TO VICTIMS OF DOMESTIC VIOLENCE, HUMAN TRAFFICKING AND SEXUAL EXPLOITATION
We intervene on sexual exploitation and human trafficking using a transcultural approach: the high professional qualification of the staff is the distinctive feature of the Association.
As Antiviolence Center we offer free services through our local help desks CHIAMA chiAMA.
CHIAMA chiAMA is the help service directly connected to the national help line 1522.
CHIAMA chiAMA is free and is opened to all women with no distinction of nationality, with or without children, being victims of violence, human trafficking or in socio-economic discomfort.
Our Refuge Shelters are the immediate response for protecting the physical and psychological integrity of the victims. Our antiviolence team includes antiviolence operators, lawyers, counsellors, psychologists, mediators and anthropologists.
(click here for more details on CHIAMA chiAMA locations and contacts)
Via Guglielmo Marconi, 3
40122 – Bologna
Ph. +39 051 230159